- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Media, Communication and Culture
|Work history||• Trainee Researcher in Communications and Assistant Teacher of Journalism at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. February 2013-Present.
• Responsible for communications at Geotics Innova. Media attention, Press releases, Web updates, Editor of audiovisual information, Community manager, Marketing, Internal communications. October 2009-January 2013.
• Journalist at TN Comarques TV3 (national TV). Production, Redaction and Edition of news and features. September 2009- September 2012.
• News editor/presenter at Canal Català Maresme (local TV). Production, Presentation, Interviews, Redaction and Edition. July 2008-August 2009.
• Radio Host at Ràdio Arenys de Munt. Production, Redaction, Edition and Locution. February 2007-December 2008.
|Study history||• Ph.D Candidate in Media, Communication and Culture Department at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Februrary 2013-Present.
Public Service Media
Regulation and TV: TV models in US and Europe
Relationship between national public television and local stations.
Future TV models: digital era.
• Visiting Scholar at Institute of Communications Research. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. October-December 2013.
Attendance to seminars:
The Political Economy Tradition (Clifford Christians and Robert Mc Chesney)
Cultural Studies Foundations: Wlliams, Hoggart, Hall and Carey (Paula Treichler)
Experimental Research: Its Rational and Epistemology (Kevin Wise)
The Frankfurt School and the Mass Culture Debate (James Hay)
Foundations of International Communication Studies (Angharad Valdivia)
Postcolonial Theory and Methodology (Cameron McCarthy)
The 10th Annual University of Illinois Communications Collaboration Conference
- Lecture: “Structural changes of local public TV in Spain”, organized by Institute of Communications Research.
• Master of Arts in European Integration at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. 2011-2012.
Foreign policy of the European Union
Theories of European integration
Introduction to research (dissertation)
Masters thesis: “The Europeanization of two political parties in Spain: PP and CiU”
• Bachelor of Arts in Journalism Studies at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. 2005-2010.
• Attendance to conferences and courses:
- European Broadcasting Union Knowledge exchange. “Radio and Television beyond digitalization. Opportunities for a better connection between Public Service Media and the citizens.” 30/09/2013, Barcelona.
- I Congress “TV and Transmedia”.
Organized by International Observatory of Television (OITVE). 19/03/2013, UAB.
- Audiovisual Market: “New models for new contexts”.
22-23/05/2013, Granollers (Barcelona).
- Dealing with conflict in the mass media.
Organized by Fundació Autònoma Solidària. Professor Xavier Giró. 16/04/2013, UAB.
- Photojournalism workshop in Bosnia. Reporter Academy. 04/07/2013-16/07/2013.
- Future participation in CONFIBERCOM Congress in Braga (Portugal), 13-16/04/2014. Title of the conference: "Public television in Catalonia. From global to local"
Public television: the relationship between generalist televisions and proximity televisions in a moment of transition towards Internet. The case of Catalonia.
The model of local public television in Catalonia has been evolving in the past decade and has adapted to the digital era. The change from analog to digital television has caused several changes in the television system, particularly regarding its structure and function. In the analog era, there were many local channels which worked autonomously in a local area of coverage. Since digitalization, television system is now formed by supralocal channels that broadcast in a larger area of coverage, named demarcation. This new model forces local governments to reach agreements in order to manage television stations, and effectively ends the historical relationship that associates one channel with one single town. The structural problems of the model and the economic crisis have resulted in the closure of some public local channels. The digital terrestrial television coexists with the phenomenon of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) which is coming back to the localization of proximity television. However, this kind of television presents doubts about how to organize public service and how to guarantee independence from public power. Technological changes not only affect the way that we consume media and interact with them, but also reshape the social sphere and the notion of space. The organization of media has several repercussions in the social life of an urban extension as well as in democratic system and the concept of identity. In an interconnected society of information, local television develops a central role in the preservation of local identities for the citizens who look for cultural proximity and their own identification in a global communicative space.